Effective April 18, 2011
Welcome to our website, prnewswire.com.
· visit the public pages available through this website, http://prnewswire.com, or register for one of its personalized services;
· visit pages related to the iReach™ service, https://ireach.prnewswire.com, or order services available through those web pages;
· visit the web pages of or register for Investor Uprising, www.investoruprising.com;
· access restricted areas available only to members or journalists, including:
o PR Newswire for Journalists (http://media.prnewswire.com/en/jsp/main.jsp),
o ProfNet (https://profnet.prnewswire.com/),
o Online Member Center (https://portal.prnewswire.com/),
o MultiVu (http://www.multivu.com/),
o eWatch or PR Newswire Media Monitoring services,
o Vintage Filings (http://www.vfilings.com/), and
o The PR ToolKit for Small Business (http://toolkit.prnewswire.com); or
· Download a multimedia press release using the PR Newswire ARC™ videoplayer.
This policy does not, however, cover the websites for Virtual Press Office (VPO), Notilog, Hispanic PR Wire, Hispanic Digital Network, or the websites listed under “Global Sites” on the top right hand side of the prnewswire.com home page.
Information We Collect About You
You may visit a number of pages throughout the website without registration. We collect the information you, or the member company you represent, give us:
· When you register.
· When a member company authorizes you to manage its account or use our web-based services on its behalf.
· On occasion, for example, for the experts listed in ProfNet, we may combine data collected from other sources and add it to the information you or the member company has provided.
· We may also compile your contact data from other sources to contact you if we think you or the company you represent would be interested in our products and services.
· When you order services.
· When you contact us with questions or comments.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies. A cookie is a small file of information which is placed on your browser. That cookie then communicates with servers, ours or those of other companies that we authorize to collect data for us, and allows recognition of your personal computer. We associate a cookie with information that identifies you as an individual if you use the automatic recognition capabilities on restricted areas, order a service, use the personalization services available as part of prnewswire.com, or ask us to contact you with additional marketing information.
We also include cookies in our ARC™ videoplayer to count the number of unique viewers who see a customer’s video press release and to provide aggregate reporting. The cookies do not identify you as an individual or track your online behavior.
Our log servers collect standard web information about visits and system capabilities as you access and use the web pages covered by this policy.
We may use the resulting information in ways described below.
How We Use Information About You
How we use information about you depends upon the capacity in which you visit our sites. For example, if you simply visit our pages for news and do not register, we will not know who you are and will not collect information that identifies you. But if you are using the member-only areas to represent a member company or to order a service, we may note how the service is being used.
We may use the information about you in any of the following ways:
· To provide the services you or the member company you represent requests.
· To provide information you request.
· To evaluate and improve our websites and services.
· To contact you directly about your use of an account or service for which you are registered.
· To let you know about offerings, from us or from third parties, that may be of interest to you.
· To create reports for member companies and customers that may include both aggregate trends and the media organizations that are viewing their releases.
· To protect the integrity of our services and secured areas of our sites.
· For any other purpose we tell you about when you submit information to us.
Choice and Access
You may disable or block any cookies by using the tools available in your browser. If you are registering for or requesting a service, you may choose whether to activate automatic recognition when you register, or after registration, you may disable the persistent cookie that supports recognition using the tools in your browser. If you choose to disable the cookies that support automatic recognition, you will need to re-enter your user ID and password each time you access a gated portion of the website.
Third party cookies and ad servers. We may ask or authorize third parties to serve cookies on our web sites or pages and include web beacons in email marketing campaigns. These cookies and web beacons may be used to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. You may use the controls in your browser to disable the tracking functions or these cookie-based technologies.
You may choose not to receive marketing emails from us by following the directions at the bottom of the marketing emails we send you. Journalists and others who use ProfNet Expertssm may choose not to disclose their identity when in direct communication with experts and company information officers by following the directions on that website to "cloak" their identity.
We value the accuracy of the information we have about you. Journalists, registered users, customers, experts and resources may update their information at any time by following directions available on the registration page for the particular service.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We reserve the right to disclose your name and information about you
· to investigate potential unauthorized access or misuse of our services,
· to protect our assets or rights,
· to the member company you represent if that company requests us to do so,
· in response to valid legal process, or
· as part of a merger or an acquisition by or other transfer to a third party of some or all of our business assets.
Our services are directed to media and public relations professions. Our website and services are not intended for children 12 or under.
PR Newswire uses reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect personal information against theft, loss, or misuse. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, PR Newswire cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you submit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You remain responsible for protecting your user name and passwords and for the security of information in transit to us over the Internet.
Changes to This Policy
We may change the provisions of this policy from time to time and urge you to check back here periodically. Your continued use of any of the websites or pages within the scope of this policy will be your acceptance of the version of the policy in place at the time of your visit.
If you have questions about this policy, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PR Newswire Association LLC
350 Hudson Street
New York, New York 10014